About Tucker Health
Tucker Health was created to promote the emerging benefits of a proactive, wellness-based model of health. We strongly believe that the community is already pivoting away from the reactive, illness-based model of medicine that dominated the last century. Tucker Health capitalizes on the benefits of focused nutritional education, as well as counseling to leverage the power of thoughts and emotions to influence physical health. Much of this approach can be classified as mind-body medicine, and it dates as far as back as the great Greek healer Hippocrates who wrote, “The natural healing force within each of us is the greatest force in getting well.” Mind-body health focuses on the interactions among the brain, the rest of the body, the mind, and behavior, that is, the ways in which emotional, mental, social, spiritual, experiential, and behavioral factors can directly affect health.
Numerous studies document that psychological stress is linked to a variety of health problems, such as increased heart disease, compromised immune system functioning, and premature cellular and cognitive aging. Clinical evidence suggests that mind-body therapies can reduce psychological stress and improve functional outcomes in a variety of illness states across cardiology, oncology, immunity, autoimmune disorders, and psychiatric conditions. Additionally, individual patient expectations and patient-provider interactions may produce biological effects that play a role in health outcomes. Obesity, pre-diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome are increasingly common conditions that increase risk for diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and dementia. Programs that combine mindfulness meditation, “mindful eating,” walking, and targeted exercise may help to improve and reverse these conditions.
Meet the Team
Counselor & Psychotherapist
Kate Park is a behavioral health specialist and an expert in engaging and motivating individuals to stop self-defeating behaviors and replace them with ones that effect improved mental and physical health. She has extensive experience working with adolescents and adults suffering from a wide variety of illnesses and issues, including:
- Anxiety (panic attacks, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Anger management
- Substance abuse
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders, self-harm and body image
- Stress management
- Health counseling
As the counselor at Tucker Health, Kate leads its efforts to prevent disease through behavioral health education, that is, the day-to-day choices that are major determinants of our mental and physical health (e.g., our food and drink; sleep and exercise; thoughts and feelings). Working in collaboration with Tucker Medical’s licensed physician and other healthcare providers, Kate also assists in the behavioral health of patients with cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other diseases.
Counselor & Psychotherapist
Sheryl Bathman is a professional counselor and psychotherapist, who has worked with the local, expatriate, and corporate communities in Singapore for over 15 years. She has expertise working with individuals and couples from a wide range of cultures addressing a variety of issues including:
- Relationship issues
- Stress management
- Emotional regulation
- Life transitions
Sheryl aims to empower her clients by increasing insight and awareness and to equip them with the tools they need to meet life’s challenges. Sheryl is Australian and received her master’s degree in Counseling in 2003. In 2009, she pioneered the teaching in Singapore of the renowned, evidence-based Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. Sheryl is recognized as a qualified MBSR and mindfulness teacher by The Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School, where MBSR originated.
Living in Singapore since 1999, she founded her private practice, Lifesteps, in 2005. Before establishing Lifesteps, Sheryl worked as a Counselor and Psychotherapist in a group practice setting and as a Behavioural Health Associate at Mount Elizabeth Hospital’s inpatient mental health facility. Prior to becoming a qualified Counselor, Sheryl spent ten years in the corporate and finance sectors in New York, Tokyo, and Sydney. Sheryl enjoys cultivating her mindfulness practice, yoga, and travel.
Sigrid Grobys is a naturopath hailing from the USA and Canada. She spent eight years obtaining a doctorate in naturopathic medicine, and is a registered member of the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (Canada), the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors and the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians. After moving to Singapore to set up her private practice, Sigrid obtained an additional diploma in psychotherapy to better help her patients effect positive changes in their lives.
Naturopathy complements traditional medical care by focusing keenly on dietary changes, lifestyle changes and natural agents, such as nutritional supplements, medicinal herbs and homeopathy. Sigrid has extensive experience managing an array of medical diagnoses, and finds that naturopathy is particularly beneficial for patients suffering from fatigue, hormonal imbalances (thyroid, menstrual issues, pre-diabetes, weight management), skin problems (especially acne, eczema and hives), recurrent infections, chronic allergies, and digestive issues. Sigrid also is experienced in supporting patients through surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, and helping patients manage medication side effects.
Sigrid has lived in Singapore since 2008 and enjoys an active home that includes three boys, ranging in age from 5 months to 6 years old. She is enthusiastic about joining the Tucker Health team and looks forward to helping provide individualized care to patients.
Ashrafi Bhagat comes to the field of nutrition with the belief that food is medicine and that we should be eating clean, fresh, and healthy food direct from the farm. She is an experienced health coach who works with clients to achieve a lifestyle and diet plan that eliminates risk factors for significant health issues, such as heart disease and obesity.
Ashrafi graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) in 2015. In 2018, she obtained an additional certification in hormonal health from IIN. This education has equipped her with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and her experience with different dietary theories, she designs individual plans and lifestyle changes that produce a real and lasting improvement to her patients’ health in areas including:
- Weight loss
- Insulin resistance
- Digestive issues
- Menstrual irregularities
Ashrafi has been living in Singapore for the last eleven years and is passionate about her carbon footprint, leading her to become involved with Edible Garden City, a Singapore based urban farming venture.
Ilona Kasza entered the field of nutrition when she noticed that weight gain is associated with chronic disease, such as heart disease and diabetes. A personal illness prompted her to do research lasting a decade and pushed her desire towards good nutrition.
Her goal as a nutritionist is to help people understand their metabolism, lead a healthy lifestyle, prevent chronic disease and educate them on ways to lose fat while preserving muscle mass. Clients find that Ilona gently but effectively guides them in their journey to better health. She has extensive experience working with people suffering from a variety of conditions and issues including: Her goal as a nutritionist is to help people understand their metabolism, lead a healthy lifestyle, prevent chronic disease and educate them on ways to lose fat while preserving muscle mass. Clients find that Ilona gently but effectively guides them in their journey to better health. She has extensive experience working with people suffering from a variety of conditions and issues including:
- Heart Disease
- Insulin Resistance
- Metabolic Syndrome
Ilona has a diploma in Chinese Language and Culture at the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Civilizations in Paris, France from 1993 to 1997. Ilona has a diploma in Chinese Language and Culture at the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Civilizations in Paris, France from 1993 to 1997.
If you are unable to reach us and you feel emotionally overwhelmed or in need of urgent support please reach out to:
SOS (Samaritans of Singapore), a 24-hour hotline (manned by trained volunteers)
Tel: 1800-221 4444
IMH Mental Health 24-hour Hotline
Tel: 6389 2222
The Accident and Emergency (A&E) department of Singapore hospitals will accept walk-ins with behavioral health concerns requiring urgent attention.
In the case of a medical or life-threatening emergency, please call emergency services at 995 or proceed to your nearest A&E department of Singapore hospitals.
- As used in this Notice:“customer(s)” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name; identification numbers such as NRIC, FIN, passport number; work permit and birth certificate; residential address; email address; telephone numbers; nationality; gender; date of birth; marital status; employment information; financial information; insurance information; emergency contact; and medical information.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”) after (i) you (or your authorized representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, or (ii) you (or your authorized representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes; or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or authorized by law. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or required by the PDPA or authorized by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes, and we may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes: performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you, including medical and allied services;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you (or your authorized representative);
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you (or your authorized representative) have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes;
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above;
- insurance authorizations and payments;
- medical services;
- allied health services;
- referrals; and
- notification of new developments about us or events featuring our practitioners or consultants.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you (or your authorized representative); or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes; or
- to such contact information (including, but not limited to, phone numbers, email addresses, and any authorized representative) provided by you; or
- as permitted or required by the PDPA or authorized by law.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you). This Notice does not limit or replace the purposes for which you provide us with your personal data which may be expressly stated in any form for submission of personal data to us.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is withdrawn by you (and acknowledged by us) in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you, and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in Clause 8, above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the manner in which we use or disclose your personal data; or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within ten (10) business days. If we are unable to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data requested or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA or other applicable law).
- Please note that depending on the request, we will only need to provide you with access to the personal data contained in the documents requested, and not to the documents themselves. In those cases, it may be appropriate for us to simply provide you with confirmation of the personal data that our organization has on record if the record of your personal data forms a negligible part of the document.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical, and technical measures, such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption, disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis, and access control.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and review and enhance our information security measures on a regular basis.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore, except in the provision of goods and services. However, if we do so, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No. : +65 6659-6917
Email Address : INFO@TUCKERHEALTH.COM
Address : 8 SINARAN DRIVE, #04-07, SINGAPORE 307470
EFFECT OF POLICY AND CHANGES TO POLICY
- This Policy applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued participation in our recruitment process and employment or appointment constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
- This Policy shall be governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Effective date : 11/07/2011
Last updated : 31/07/2019
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USING THE ONLINE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THESE TERMS OR CONDITIONS, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE YOUR ACCESS OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, the copyright and all other intellectual property in the contents of this website (including, but not limited to, all design, text, sound recordings, images or links) are the property of Tucker Health Pte Ltd, its affiliates, and subsidiaries (collectively, “Tucker Health”). As such, they may not be reproduced, transmitted, published, performed, broadcast, stored, adapted, distributed, displayed, licensed, altered, hyperlinked or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without the prior written consent of Tucker Health. Save and except with Tucker Health’s prior written consent, you may not insert a hyperlink to this website or any part thereof on any other website, or “mirror” or frame this website, any part thereof, or any information or materials contained in this website on any other server, website or web page.
All trademarks, service marks and logos used in this website are the property of Tucker Health and/or its affiliates and/or the respective third party proprietors identified in this website. No license or right is granted and your access to this website and use of the online services should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, service marks or logos appearing on the website without the prior written consent of Tucker Health or the respective third party proprietors, as the case may be. Save and except with prior written consent from the proprietor, no such trade mark, service mark or logo may be used as a hyperlink or to mark any hyperlink to any Tucker Health site or any other site.
The information and materials contained in or accessed through this website are designed for informational and educational purposes only. They should not be construed as medical advice nor should it be used for diagnostic or treatment purposes. If you feel you have a health problem, please consult a medical professional.
Tucker Health in no way warrants or represents, whether expressly or implicitly, as to the accuracy, currency or entirety of any information contained or referenced in this site. Tucker Health assumes no liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. Tucker Health does not assume any risk for your use of this website. References to specific treatments, products, or services do not constitute or imply recommendation or endorsement by Tucker Health.
Under no circumstances shall Tucker Health be liable regardless of the form of action for any failure of performance, system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, breach of security, computer virus, malicious code, corruption, delay in operation or transmission, transmission error or unavailability of access in connection with your accessing this website and/or using the online services even if Tucker Health had been advised as to the possibility.
By accessing this website, you assume full responsibility without limitation or qualification for the use of the information herein. Further, you agree that in no event will Tucker Health or any party involved in the creation, production, or delivery of this site or any site linked to it be liable in any manner whatsoever for any decision, action or non-action taken based on information provided herein.
These terms and conditions are subject to change and update at any time. By choosing to visit this site, you are bound by the terms set forth herein, and by such revisions as they are posted.
For your convenience, Tucker Health may include hyperlinks to websites on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. Such linked websites are not under the control of Tucker Health, and Tucker Health cannot accept responsibility for the contents of or the consequences of accessing any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. Furthermore, the hyperlinks provided in this website should not be considered or construed as an endorsement or verification of such linked websites or the contents therein by Tucker Health. You agree that your access to and/or use of such linked websites is entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of access and/or use contained therein.
COOKIES AND TRACER TAGS
The website may use a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so the website can recognize you when you return. If used, cookies may help us monitor and improve the performance of the website. You may set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, should you decide not to accept cookies, you may limit the functionality of certain websites. The website may also use a technology called “tracer tags”. These may also be referred to as “Clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”. If used, this technology may allow us to understand which pages you visit on the website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor websites to future website visitors.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
IMPORTANT: By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above.